Monday, November 10, 2008

Last post...

...well it said it all. Our little man is getting big. So big that his momma has come to the very real and sad reality that I can't carry him around anymore like I used to do. This reality has sunken in as I have laid on a heating pad for an hour before going to bed each night for the past two weeks and I once again pulled something in my side (this happened about two weeks ago and I was just getting better.) The last time we weighed him he was pushing 37 lbs - I mean why shouldn't I be able to lug that around on one hip! I know he can walk, run, jump, you name it so there shouldn't really be a reason to carry him - except when the 2 yr old fit sets in and you really got to get going - or when it is pouring down rain and you can't afford for you to both drown! So I will have to be picky in the future as I pick up my big baby boy for the sake of my back!This weekend we had a blast. We were on super birthday overload - two birthdays in one day that were an hour drive apart. Our first was for one of our old neighbors youngest son. Their son Cooper was born on the day we became active with our agency...it is a fun day to remember. Cooper's birthday party this year was held at his grandparent's farm deep in the woods. I believe it is a tree farm.
After venturing down a road that I was glad the rain hadn't washed away the day before, we came to an opening with a rustic cabin and beautiful lake/pond. The autumn leaves were so beautiful. I wished we could have stayed all day. Thank you to the Ware family for inviting us - we had a blast!Our second party of the day was for Patrick's friend Andrew (he was the Elmo in the wagon at Halloween). This party was from 3 to 5. The kids had a blast as they played for two solid hours. Now since Andrew's mom had just had surgery on her knee (again) the Monday before, Matthew and I helped keep things running smoothly at the party. Matthew filmed and I helped where needed. Patrick was not to be left out in the 'helping' department and 'helped' aka He decided not to wait on the birthday boy - blew out the candles on the precious Elmo cake. Yes, as we watched the tape later that night we discovered that Patrick blew out the candles for Andrew, then remarked while clapping 'yeah'. It was quite funny. Emily and John didn't mind because Emily couldn't bend down to help and John was starting to get a cold so he didn't want to blow on the cake - so in steps Patrick to the rescue! It was quite funny.

And this my folks is what happens after two birthday parties back to back and tons of yummy cake ...On Sunday we ventured to visit Santa. Patrick wasn't too keen on the old man in the big red suite. After I put him on Santa's right knee I sat on the left. Once I got them started in conversation I got up and walked away so that he could have his picture taken. Here is a snippit of the conversation...

Santa - So Patrick what would you like for Christmas?

Patrick - Presents.

Santa - (Chuckle) Well what kind of presents?

Patrick - Oh a Dinosaur.

Santa - What kind of dinosaur - T.Rex?

Patrick - NO a Green one!

So no tears just a lot of conversation.....though all afternoon until bed I heard "I want to see Santa, Momma." I tried to explain that Santa had to leave to the feed the reindeer, but that isn't helping things much!

Hope everyone has a great day! As soon as I get our Santa pictures back on Sunday, I will post them.

Love
LeAnna, Matthew, and Patrick

1 comments:

mwilloughby said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun filled weekend! We can't wait to see the pictures of Patrick with Santa!! It sounds like that had a very nice little chat - too cute!
LeAnna, we hope your back feels better soon.