So last night was ANOTHER night of 'let's see how long we can delay going to bed'. Usual routine...we (Matthew and I) take turns laying down with Patrick for a few minutes (well I tend to be about 5. Matthew on the other hand tends to fall asleep with him). Last night was my turn. I laid with him for about 5 minutes, told him goodnight and left. Then he got up said he wanted his dad to lay with him (it's about 8:30). Matthew lays with him for a little while and then requests my presence. I go back tell him it is time to go to bed, give him a kiss, pull up the covers and walk out. 10 minutes later he re-appears and said he is thirsty. I instruct him to go to bed and while I get him some water. I walk back and give him some water. Give him a kiss and tell him it is time to go to bed. He asks to leave the hall light on. I oblige. He asks to leave his room light on. I say no that the hall light is plenty of light for him. He says he needs to ask his daddy one more question. I call for Matthew but stay in the room next to his bed. Matthew comes in and then Patrick looks at his daddy and then looks at me. Looks back at his dad and then me and says - I need you to leave mommy. I leave and go in the hall where he asks his dad - Can I have my big light on? The kid knows how to work the system doesn't he. Matthew gives him the same answer that I gave - no. He said that something is scaring him. Matthew let's him have a flashlight. Gives him a kiss goodnight and walks with me back to the living room. The whole time I am chuckling inside. Matthew asks what is so funny....I told him that Patrick asked me the question about having his big light on and I said No. The reason he didn't want me in the room with you is because he wanted to see what answer he got from you when he didn't get the one he wanted from me.
Hope you laughed as much as I did on the inside - kids start young working the system that is for sure!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Last Night....
Posted by LeAndMatt at 10:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
sounds eerily close to our routine!!
Post a Comment